17 Apr Skincare Routine For After Your Facial
If you are planning on getting a facial, such as our popular HydraFacial, then you are going to love the results you get from a professional facial. However, the moment you leave our office, your skincare efforts aren’t done with—you need to maintain the right skincare routine after your facial to continue to keep your healthy skin, and you need to make sure that you don’t impact your results, which you will continue to see even after you leave our office.
Here are a few skincare tips to keep in mind following your HydraFacial appointment.
- Don’t Pick Your Skin- There is a reason we use a specialized tool in order to remove clogged pores, and why we don’t use our hands to pick at your skin—and you shouldn’t either! It will irritate the skin and can even cause scarring.
- Keep Your Skin As Clean As Possible- Sometimes, your skin may look red or flushed after your facial, but this doesn’t mean that you should grab your heaviest makeup to cover up any discoloration. However, after a facial such as this, your pores are going to be more open than normal, so for the rest of the day following your facial, do your best to keep your skin clear and avoid heavy makeup as well.
- Only Use Gentle Cleansers for the Days Following Your Facial- If you look at the back of any exfoliating product, chances are you are going to see that it is only recommended for use a few times a week, not every day. This is because exfoliating the skin too much can lead to inflammation or even skin damage. For the few days following your facial, do not use anything that could irritate your skin—only use gentle cleansers for a few days.
- Avoid Waxes and Laser Treatments for One Week- These are popular skin care regimens that can be used in accordance with a great facial. However, you need to give your skin time to recover following facials such as this. You should always ask your esthetician about how long you should wait to do treatments like this, but to be safe, don’t book any appointments until the following week.
- Be Careful with Acne Products- Acne treatments, face masks, retinols, peels and at-home cleansers are all a great part of any ongoing skincare routine. However, you should give your skin a break for a couple of days following a facial until you start using these more abrasive treatments again.
If you have questions about CoolSculpting and want to determine if this treatment is right for you, then contact Heritage Family Medicine and Aesthetics today. We can answer all of your questions about CoolSculpting and help you see before and after transformations that may inspire your own fat-reduction journey. You can call us at 817-318-7859 today to make an appointment!